couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Michael Zedeler <mich...@zedeler.dk>
Subject Re: Suggestions for View Keys
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 09:21:10 GMT
On 2010-12-07 03:55, Anand Chitipothu wrote:
> 2010/12/7 King Huang<kchuang@ucalgary.ca>:
>> I have a view whose view keys are currently of the following form:
>>
>> [k, x, y, z]
>> [k, x, y, 0]
>> [k, x, 0, z]
>> [k, x, 0, 0]
>> [k, 0, y, z]
>> [k, 0, y, 0]
>> [k, 0, 0, z]
>> [k, 0, 0, 0]
>>
>> There are multiple values for k, x, y, and z, and x, y, z can be undefined (represented
by 0 here).

>> What I want to be able to fetch are, given k, x, y, and z, all the view rows with
(key and (x or 0) and (y or 0) and (z or 0)). I'm having difficultly coming up with an appropriate
view key structure where the view rows will be sorted in a manner that allows me to select
that. Does anyone have any suggestions?
> You can do that in two ways.
>
> 1. Query for all possible combinations. [k, x, y, z], [k, x, y, 0],
> [k, x, 0, z], [k, x, 0, 0], [k, 0, y, z], [k, 0, y,  0], [k, 0, 0, z],
> [k, 0, 0, 0].
>
> 2. Query for k and write a list function that filters the required values.
I am doing this:

3. write a view for each of the columns (k, x, y, z), query each view
and aggregate the results using set operations.

Regards,

Michael.