couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Large attachments
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 16:20:21 GMT
Hi David,

On 16 Nov 2010, at 14:00, evxdo@bath.ac.uk wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to work with some large attachments (around 1.5 GB). When I go to download
these (as a standalone attachment) the CouchDB process grows in size by at least the size
of the attachment before the download starts. This implies that the attachment is being loaded
into memory entirely before being sent to the client. Has anyone else seen this behaviour?
Is this a bug, or is there a configuration change I can make to resolve this?

> I've tried disabling compression on attachments in case it's the compression that's causing
the problem.

> I'm using 1.0.1.

What does your request look like?

The standalone attachment API does not buffer.

Cheers
Jan