couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject Re: want to get json result from more than one document
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 11:34:57 GMT
tu wrote:

> I want to implement a blog server. I design two type of documents: "Author"
> and "Blog". A "Blog" document contains a field "author_uid" to refer a
> "Author" document.

That does sound like a pretty 'relational' approach to me. It's not that you can't do this,
but you might want to consider blog posts to be a self contained document, since it makes
some things more relaxing (updating an author's name would be less relaxing, but how often
does that happen?). Doing away with 'joins' can really be a relief!

Nils.
 VPRO
 phone:  +31(0)356712911
 e-mail: info@vpro.nl