couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Wordit Ltd <wordi...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Update handler doc ids
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 20:00:45 GMT
Zach,

Thanks for the confirmation on the doc ID. I need to update a doc
belonging to the logged in user. If I use a field like "owner":
"username" then I would need to find the doc ID first. Don't you lose
the advantage of an update handler by first doing a read request?

I mean you might as well do a standard read then a write. Two calls.
Update handlers have the advantage of a single db call, or not?

To use an update handler, I need the ID. I figured that if I set the
doc ID to be the username, which is unique, then I can send the
username as the doc ID to the update handler. Is there anything wrong
with that approach?

Marcus