couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Luis Carlos Junges <luis.jun...@gmail.com>
Subject CouchDB model Problem
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 20:38:03 GMT
Hi,

I would like to use couchdb for a project but i am unsure how to model it.
Basically i will have to store products and theirs respectives prices from
several  stores. So, for a product product1, for example, i will have a
price p1 for store1, a price p2 for store 2 and so on...Considering that
those prices will be updated automatically, i was thinking in something like
this:

A document for the product with all information about it with id equal to
the product reference number
example:

id:product1
name: Product 1

A document with the price and store id
id:89923848298398989d9fsd
revision:1
store:45
price:5.67
refcode:product1
updated: timestamp here

id:8992384829832938495298345
revision:3
store:46
price:3.67
refcode:product1
updated: timestamp here

My idea is that each store will update their own prices. Now the problem i
am no sure how to solve is that i can have multiple price documents with
differents ids (see example below) for the same store (a database
inconsistency). Could i use mapreduce to collect all the price documents for
a specific product  and get only the latest one based on the time is
updated. If so, how can i do that? i mean, how would be the map and reduce
function? I would also like to delete the old ones.

id:8992384829832938495298345
revision:1
store:46
price:3.67
refcode:product1
updated timestamp here

id:92839198234
revision:1
store:46
price:6.23
refcode:product1
updated timestamp here

I would appreciate any help

--
"A realidade de cada lugar e de cada época é uma alucinação coletiva."

Bloom, Howard