couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Understanding _stats (again)
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 17:15:01 GMT
On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Sebastian Cohnen
<sebastiancohnen@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hey list,
>
> since the writing of http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Runtime_Statistics it looks like
the output of _stats has changed once more. e.g. "count" is no longer available for each stat,
"current" is.

> * Is "sum" (which looks new) the new "count"?

Sum is a running sum of values aggregated from the collector.
Generally, its only intended for things like time per request.

> * What range do I get, when calling /_stats without a range? What does mean/min/max etc
mean in this case?

You get a special range that is "since the server started".

> I'm a bit confused and others are too (at least I think so). When a dev willing to be
interviewed, I'd love to create a writeup, update the wiki or whatever :)

Feel free to find me on IRC in about an hour to ask any questions you
have. Or feel free to just keep asking questions here.

> Best
>
> Sebastian

I know some people don't like the Erlang too much, but the amount of
code is fairly small. You can check the handle_call, new_value,
add_value, and rem_value functions in the aggregator [1] to get a
pretty good idea on how it all works.

HTH,
Paul Davis

[1] https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/trunk/src/couchdb/couch_stats_aggregator.erl