couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Example curl command for multi part index required
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 22:13:33 GMT
On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 5:09 PM, John <john.logsdon@netdev.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Would somebody please show me how to make a curl command on a three part index (all strings)
where the first and second part could be anything but the third is known.
> i.e. [*, *, "myid"].
>
> I thought I could use 0 to {} for the first two indices but that didn't seem to work
but perhaps I'm not escaping properly OR is it not possible to do the search with the indexes
in this order?

> Regards
>
> John

You can only wild card the last element of the array key. Wild carding
the first element is roughly equivalent to asking for array semantics.

The easiest way to think of it is as if the view is a larger array. A
view request is just asking for a single contiguous slice of that
array. The various parameters are just specifying where you start and
stop.

HTH,
Paul Davis