couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Walter Werner <wer...@googlemail.com>
Subject jquery-ajax encodeURI Problems
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 08:13:40 GMT
hi

I am new to the mailinglist, hello to everyone. The web Interface of
this mainling list seems not to have any search function, i hope this
problem is new.

When i am trying to make a GET request to one of my couchdb-search-view

			$.get('/mydb/_design/02/_view/search', {startkey:"['foo',0]",
endkey: "['foo',{}]",reduce:true, group:true},
				function(data) {
					alert(data);
				}
			);

I get the error:

{"error":"bad_request","reason":"invalid UTF-8 JSON"}

and my url looks like this:

http://localhost:5984/mydb/_design/02/_view/search?startkey=%5B%27foo%27%2C0%5D&endkey=%5B%27foo%27%2C%7B%7D%5D&reduce=true&group=true

The quotation marks and the [ ] that are needed for the JSON format
are url-encodet inside the $.get function. I do not know how to change
this behaviour. I also tried it with $.post and $.ajax. The same
result. Can anyone help?

Thanks
  Walter