couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Example curl command for multi part index required
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 22:14:52 GMT
"is it not possible to do the search with the indexes in this order?"

Bingo.

There are no wildcards available in views. A lookup can be made to a
specific key, or a range lookup can be made between two keys, but all
entries in the view are in key order.

You can do this;

?startkey=["foo"]&endkey=["foo",{}] to find keys like ["foo", 1] and
["foo", "hello"]

but you cannot do this;

?startkey[*, "foo"]&endkey[*, "bar"]

B.

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 10:09 PM, John <john.logsdon@netdev.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Would somebody please show me how to make a curl command on a three part index (all strings)
where the first and second part could be anything but the third is known.
> i.e. [*, *, "myid"].
>
> I thought I could use 0 to {} for the first two indices but that didn't seem to work
but perhaps I'm not escaping properly OR is it not possible to do the search with the indexes
in this order?