couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chad George <c...@mgproducts.com>
Subject Re: Write race conditions, working without _rev
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 01:56:37 GMT
I guess I was more wondering if its possible for two calls to the update
function to "see" the same revision of the document. Or if it was possible
for another call to document API to successfully update a document *while*
the update handler is processing?

Are you saying that all the processing of HTTP calls and related javascript
calls are all effectively serialized so this can't happen?

It seemed by Jan's comments that a _rev collision can occur with update
handlers.

And maybe most importantly, when an update handler fails to write the
document what happens? I didn't see any tests for this in
update_documents.js but maybe I missed something.