couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First doc in a group?
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 22:31:53 GMT
No, it's not a summary in the sense of map/reduce. "sum" or "max" or
"count" are examples of reasonable reduce functions. Specifically,
functions that are commutative, associative and reduce a variable
sized input to a fixed sized output.

What you want is to find the last document matching certain criteria
from a sorted list, and that doesn't need a reduce function, just the
right view query.

B.