couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Young <benja...@couchone.com>
Subject Re: Why or when is data local ?
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 13:41:36 GMT
Hey Marcus,

Great questions. User's don't currently install Couch on their clients, but
the plan/hope is that they will. :) Or (better yet), that CouchDB will
already be on their client: as is the case with Ubuntu.

The more places we have CouchDB, the more this replication model makes
sense.

Depending on what you're building, getting CouchDB on your user's machine
could be fairly trivial. Hopefully that barrier to entry will continue to
get lower and lower.

Thanks for your questions, Marcus,
Benjamin