couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Example curl command for multi part index required
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 22:16:43 GMT
You can't even wild card the last element.

in the usual trick of startkey=["foo"]&endkey=["foo",{}], {} is not a
wildcard, it's an empty object. The trick works because an object, any
object, sorts higher than any number or string.

To call that a wildcard is wildly misleading. badoom tssh.

B.

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Paul Davis
<paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 5:09 PM, John <john.logsdon@netdev.co.uk> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Would somebody please show me how to make a curl command on a three part index (all
strings) where the first and second part could be anything but the third is known.
>> i.e. [*, *, "myid"].
>>
>> I thought I could use 0 to {} for the first two indices but that didn't seem to work
but perhaps I'm not escaping properly OR is it not possible to do the search with the indexes
in this order?