couchdb-user mailing list archives

From roger.moff...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Basic security help
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 09:07:38 GMT
> To create a normal user with a role of "reader", just PUT
> {"name":"username","roles":["reader"]....} to
> /_users/org.couchdb.user:username

OK ... but what about the password? Is there a complete example
anywhere of this working?

I managed to stumble through it all last night by logging out and then
using the sign up process, except that when you have security on the
_users database (which seems prudent) you don't have any rights to
access it because you are signed out! So in order to do it, you have
to turn security OFF, then create the users and then remember to turn
security back on. Seems a bit crazy no?

Shouldn't Futon have the ability to create normal users and shouldn't
this be an activity restricted to administrators?

I know one can argue that you can add security via a proxy, but that
instantly makes the whole setup doubly complicated and shouldn't be
the default option.

Roger