couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Marco Monteiro <ma...@textovirtual.com>
Subject seplication timeout problem
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 12:45:57 GMT
I'm trying to use CouchDB with Amazon's EC2 micro instances. These are very
slow.
There are no official numbers, but I think they are more or less equivalent
to Pentium 2 at 200 MHz.

I have 100 databases. There are 10 "master" databases and each has 10
"slave" databases.
Each of the 10 master databases has many documents (around 50,000); the
slaves start with no
documents.

I want to have continuous filtered seplication between each master and its
slaves. When I start
the continuous seplications, I get lots of timeouts in the seplication
processes. I think that part
of the problem is the communication with the JavaScript process for running
the filters. These
would go away if I implemented the filters in Erlang, right?

Anyway, I'm trying to tweak the configuration to prevent the timeouts. I'm
specifically playing with
os_process_timeout, which I understand, and with max_http_sessions,
max_http_pipeline_size,
which I don't understand. What do these do?

Anybody has any advice for me to get rid of the timeouts? Any other option
in the configuration
option that I can use?

Thanks,
Marco