couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Igor Kolomiets <samo...@gmail.com>
Subject Supporting "?attachments=true" for views
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 18:07:40 GMT
Hello.

Someone already asked about this feature recently, but that remained unanswered.

I'm looking for support of "attachments=true" feature for view that
would include the content of document's attachments similar to a
single-document query operation.

My application is dealing with documents that store its binary data as
attachment. Currently my application must issue N+1 queries (one to
query view and then N queries to get documents' attachments).
With "attachments=true" that will be just a single view query.

May be there are fundamental difficulties that prevent implementation
of this feature?

Clarification on this will be very helpful. Thank you!

--
Igor Kolomiets