couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I prevent replication of design documents?
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 22:09:35 GMT
You can't restrict read access to the design document using
permissions because then I think your application would not be able to
access views, shows, lists, updates, etc.

However, you could perhaps restrict network access to these resources
explicitly. Put a reverse proxy in front of your couch that forbids
access to everything under /db/_design/app* except
/db/_design/app/_(show|list|view|update)*. This way, the user context
for CouchDB within which your visitors access the views and lists will
still have access to the design document (you have not changed the
document permissions), but external attempts to fetch the code itself
will be blocked. Just be careful that none of your other code (such as
a show function) can be used to format and display the design document
itself.

This might work, but I haven't thought about it longer than a minute.
Let me know what you find if you investigate.