couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Young <benja...@couchone.com>
Subject Re: Can I prevent replication of design documents?
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 15:01:26 GMT
Hey Hendrik,

If you have admin's setup on the db, the design docs (at least) won't
replicate. Per the CouchDB Definitive Guide book:
"Creating design documents is restricted to admins, and if the
replication is triggered without admin credentials, writing the design
documents during replication will fail and be recorded as
doc_write_failures."

Additionally, you could use the proxy option that Randall mentioned.
There's also the _rewrite handler + a vhost for the public web site
domain. You could then optionally make the "raw" CouchDB API available
(if you'd like) on a different port or domain.

Hope that helps.