couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alan Plante <alan.pla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: $.couch.login(options);
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 20:35:52 GMT
If you want the login result, you need to pass in a success and/or error
function with the object you pass to the login method.  You can't get the
login result the way you're doing it.  If you look at the code in the login
method, it makes an XHR call which is asynchronous.  When it returns, if
you've specified a sucess/error function it will call it.  That's how you
need to get the result.

Wrt session method, I've never used it but if you look at the code, you need
to pass in a success and/or error function and you don't need to pass in
name/password.

I can't recommend enough stepping into those functions from your code just
so you not only get comfortable with debugging but you'll also get a better
feel for what the various functions require of callers.

Hope this helps,

Al