couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Luciano Ramalho <luci...@ramalho.org>
Subject Re: Can I prevent replication of design documents?
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 00:42:22 GMT
On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Benjamin Young <benjamin@couchone.com> wrote:
> If you have admin's setup on the db, the design docs (at least) won't
> replicate. Per the CouchDB Definitive Guide book:
> "Creating design documents is restricted to admins, and if the
> replication is triggered without admin credentials, writing the design
> documents during replication will fail and be recorded as
> doc_write_failures."

I believe this refers to having admin credentials in the replication
*target* not in the *source*, so it does not address Hendrik's
concern, as I understand it.

> Additionally, you could use the proxy option that Randall mentioned.
> There's also the _rewrite handler + a vhost for the public web site
> domain. You could then optionally make the "raw" CouchDB API available
> (if you'd like) on a different port or domain.

This seems to be the way to go.

The question raised by Hendrik is a crucial one, and is probably in
the minds of many people who are afraid to commit to CouchDB because
of this, so it would be great if the issue was addressed
authoritatively and the question put into a FAQ.

--
Luciano Ramalho
programador repentista || stand-up programmer