couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Young <benja...@couchone.com>
Subject Re: Sharing design documents between DBs
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 14:11:05 GMT
Hey Gregor,

If you setup continuous replication between your various customer db's and
your primary application database (which would likely only contain the main
app's design doc), then publication of the app would automatically be
"rolled out" to the various customer db's. Because these DB's would be
"standalone" versions of the app, they could even be on multiple hosts
running CouchDB, so you'd remove the single point of failure problem that
most web-apps have--as they run (often) through a single server for all
customers.

Personally, that mode of "multi-tenant" app (via replication) is pretty
exciting, and opens up new ways of dealing with load and application
distribution. Get's the mind reeling, or maybe that's the coffee I just
finished... :)

Later, Gregor,
Benjamin