couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Aurélien Bénel <aurelien.be...@utt.fr>
Subject Accessing _utils scripts with reverse proxy and _rewrite?
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2010 15:35:04 GMT
Hi there,

We have a functional CouchApp on CouchOne Hosting. We set up a Cherokee reverse proxy in order
to skip the  "/mydb/_design/mysoftware/_rewrite" part of URLs.

When we did that we realized that we forgot to rewrite one URL: "/_utils/script/couch.js".

Then we added the following rewrite rule: {
    "from": "script/:script",
    "to": "../../../_utils/script/:script"
  }

We got : {"error":"insecure_rewrite_rule","reason":"too many ../.. segments"}

The configuration cannot be changed on CouchOne hosting, and it is probably true that giving
access to "_utils" could be harmful. Is there another way to access those scripts than copying
scripts in the database scope or setting up the rewrite rule directly into Cherokee?

Regards,

Aurélien