couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Volker Mische <volker.mis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Website Styles
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 15:27:35 GMT
Hi all,

for my taste there are to many horizontal elements. I've create a quick
version with less visual clutter (just with Firebug, so there's no new
CSS, just a screenshot).

Current one:
http://vmx.cx/tmp/couchdb/web/lesslines1.png
My one:
http://vmx.cx/tmp/couchdb/web/lesslines2.png

Cheers,
   Volker

On 30.11.2010 15:53, Kristina Schneider wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I am the creative head at CouchOne, and Jan asked me to help out with the redesign of
the Apache CouchDB Website.

> He pointed me to Klaus Trainer’s fork, and I took it from there.
>
> https://github.com/Kriesse/couchdb_web
>
> I implemented a more subtle color scheme and put some love into details and a fancy landing
page (index.html). The content pages (download.html) remain very simple and clear, with the
focus on good legibility.

> The website is tested in the latest versions of FF, Chrome, Safari, but will probably
need some tweaks to look good in IE etc., too.