couchdb-user mailing list archives

From David Goodenough <david.goodeno...@linkchoose.co.uk>
Subject Re: CouchDB on debian?
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2010 13:54:42 GMT
On Monday 22 November 2010, Michael Zedeler wrote:
> Hi everybody.
>
> I am having a major headache trying to install the latest CouchDB
> (1.0.1) on debian 5.0.
>
> It turns out that the latest available version of CouchDB on debian is
> version 0.8. In CouchDB-terms that release is lightyears behind version
> 1.0.1. We simply can't use version 0.8 because of the changes in the API
> that were introduced later.
>
> I decided to try compiling from source, but got stuck because erlang
> version 5.6.5 (or later) isn't available either (debian 5.0 provides
> version 5.6.3). This means that I'd be forced to not only maintain my
> own build of CouchDB, but erlang as well.
>
> Besides switching to the testing distribution, does anyone have any
> suggestions?
> What other platforms are known to be stable wrt. CouchDB hosting? I
> found that Arch Linux supports CouchDB 1.0.1, but I have no experience
> maintaining machines running this distribution.
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael.
Well testing is pretty stable at the moment, its about to be releases as
the next stable.  But the lockdown has mean that testing/sid are only
on 0.11, which is better but not up to date.

There is also a problem that I have been unable to resolve, which is that
a default installation of the Debian sid package leaves a system on which
the futon test suite fails completely.

David