couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Neville Franks <s...@surfulater.com>
Subject Re: Bulk Updates in CouchDB
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 22:15:34 GMT
Hi Mark,
Thanks for your reply. My queries and update/delete operations are all
well defined, so there is no ad-hoc query concerns.

As I just replied to Jan Lehnardt my overriding interest in CouchDB is
its replication capabilities and offline/online use case. I have not
found any other database that does this so easily and hopefully
effectively as CouchDB.

I have looked at MongoDB, and it does have more of the update/delete
etc. capabilities I'm used to it, however it doesn't have the
replication that CouchDB does, instead it has master/slave and
read-only on the slaves.

--
Best regards,
  Neville Franks, http://www.surfulater.com http://blog.surfulater.com