couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Accessing _utils scripts with reverse proxy and _rewrite?
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2010 16:11:07 GMT

On 24 Nov 2010, at 16:35, Aurélien Bénel wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> We have a functional CouchApp on CouchOne Hosting. We set up a Cherokee reverse proxy
in order to skip the  "/mydb/_design/mysoftware/_rewrite" part of URLs.

> When we did that we realized that we forgot to rewrite one URL: "/_utils/script/couch.js".
>
> Then we added the following rewrite rule: {
>    "from": "script/:script",
>    "to": "../../../_utils/script/:script"
>  }
>
> We got : {"error":"insecure_rewrite_rule","reason":"too many ../.. segments"}

You can set the secure_rewrites setting to false.

Cheers
Jan
--

> The configuration cannot be changed on CouchOne hosting, and it is probably true that
giving access to "_utils" could be harmful. Is there another way to access those scripts than
copying scripts in the database scope or setting up the rewrite rule directly into Cherokee?