This is standardized as JSONP which we disable by default because of security implications. This only works for GET, doesn't work for PUT. On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Tracy Flynn wrote: > Fabio > > You might consider the work-around offered by jQuery 1.4.x to the > same-origin problem. > > In a nutshell, they package all Ajax-like requests as a request for a > resource - think image or javascript file - which does NOT have the > limitations of the same-origin policy - and then 'unpack' the result and > make it available to the client as if the 'Ajax-like' request had been > issued directly. > > > A fragment like the following does the trick > > > > > > JSON Call Test Page > > > > > > > > > > > The call that services the 'some.js' request just needs to return whatever > JSON data you want the call to return. Since it's requesting a resource, and > not really making an Ajax call - all is well. > > If HTML isn't what you want, you could pass back Javascript embedded in a > JSON structure, and then evaluate the result. I've done that successfully > too. > > Works like a charm where I've used the facility. > > Tracy > > > On Oct 15, 2010, at 2:41 PM, Paul Davis wrote: > > > You'll need to read up on the Same Origin Policy: > > > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same_origin_policy > > > > > > On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Fabio Batalha C Santos Santos > > wrote: > >> Hello everybody, > >> > >> I'm newby in couchDB. > >> > >> > >> I'm trying to develop a "Google Analytics" like applications storing > access log > >> metadata in a CouchDB database. Take a look at > >> http://github.com/fabiobatalha/Analytics---CouchDB/tree/master/logger/ > >> > >> The idea is: > >> > >> Create a logger JavaScript that will be responsible to register all > accesslog > >> metadata in a CouchDB database. It works like the ga.js Google Anaytics. > In the > >> bottom of each page will hava a call to a JavaScript function that will > make use > >> of couch.js functions to register logaccess metadata in CouchDB > >> > >> The problem: > >> > >> I'm trying to make use of the couch.js script but the couch.js on works > if the > >> request is made from the same host and port were the CouchDB is > installed. > >> Instead of it, my application is in a different host. How can I > configure the > >> connection to the couchDB using the couch.js > >> > >> > >> Thanks in advance. > >> Fabio Batalha > >> > >> > >> > >> > >