Fabio You might consider the work-around offered by jQuery 1.4.x to the same-origin problem. In a nutshell, they package all Ajax-like requests as a request for a resource - think image or javascript file - which does NOT have the limitations of the same-origin policy - and then 'unpack' the result and make it available to the client as if the 'Ajax-like' request had been issued directly. A fragment like the following does the trick JSON Call Test Page The call that services the 'some.js' request just needs to return whatever JSON data you want the call to return. Since it's requesting a resource, and not really making an Ajax call - all is well. If HTML isn't what you want, you could pass back Javascript embedded in a JSON structure, and then evaluate the result. I've done that successfully too. Works like a charm where I've used the facility. Tracy On Oct 15, 2010, at 2:41 PM, Paul Davis wrote: > You'll need to read up on the Same Origin Policy: > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same_origin_policy > > > On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Fabio Batalha C Santos Santos > wrote: >> Hello everybody, >> >> I'm newby in couchDB. >> >> >> I'm trying to develop a "Google Analytics" like applications storing access log >> metadata in a CouchDB database. Take a look at >> http://github.com/fabiobatalha/Analytics---CouchDB/tree/master/logger/ >> >> The idea is: >> >> Create a logger JavaScript that will be responsible to register all accesslog >> metadata in a CouchDB database. It works like the ga.js Google Anaytics. In the >> bottom of each page will hava a call to a JavaScript function that will make use >> of couch.js functions to register logaccess metadata in CouchDB >> >> The problem: >> >> I'm trying to make use of the couch.js script but the couch.js on works if the >> request is made from the same host and port were the CouchDB is installed. >> Instead of it, my application is in a different host. How can I configure the >> connection to the couchDB using the couch.js >> >> >> Thanks in advance. >> Fabio Batalha >> >> >> >>