couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Cohnen <sebastiancoh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: design doc weakness (one view fails = all views fail)
Date Sun, 10 Oct 2010 14:31:30 GMT
exactly :)

Von unterwegs gesendet

Am 10.10.2010 um 14:22 schrieb Patrick Barnes <mrtrick@gmail.com>:

> Yes it does, all views of a design doc update at once.
> If you have some views that are not often needed, but are very expensive to generate,
it can be better to put them in another design doc.

> On 10/10/2010 11:08 PM, mickael.bailly@free.fr wrote:
>> That's interesting. For my personnal curiosity: because CouchDB update views on read,
do you know if that means that, when I ask for one view, the other views of the same design
documents are updated too ?

is - AFAIK - not really avoidable in the current architecture.

>> On 10.10.2010, at 09:37, mickael.bailly@free.fr wrote:
>>

>>> Hello couchers,
>>>
>>> it seems that, on a design document, if there is one view having an error ( for
example "Expression does not eval to a function" ) than all other views are then unusable.
>>> It's not critical and not a real bug, but from my point of view it's a weakness
: one error on one part of the design doc leads to a totally broken app / couchapp.