couchdb-user mailing list archives

From John Logsdon <john.logs...@netdev.co.uk>
Subject Re: HTTP Error 303 causes erlang stack trace
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 22:00:42 GMT
Hi David

Many thanks for patching this.

TBH I have no idea where the 303 came from so I will have to simulate it to
prove the patch.

My question though is:

In an unexpected situation e.g. Unknown Error code. What should CouchDB do?
I kind of expected that it would see that as a transient problem and try
again later.

The reason I ask is that I love this technology but I'm selling it into a
bunch of guys who have breathed relational DB's for 20 yrs and I just want
it to be successful 'cause I know its the right solution for the problem
we're trying to solve.

Unfortunately new technologies get less slack than old ones with this kind
of group!

Thanks for your speedy reply.

Regards

John