couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Boermans <boerm...@gmail.com>
Subject RavenDB comparison
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 11:19:21 GMT
Hey Couchers,

The web development done at my work is very much ASP.Net Microsoft C#
based. A different breed NoSQL is gaining some recent interest among
the developers here. (I’m a humble front-end guy :)
I’m very interested to get some experienced perspective on these
articles comparing between RavenDB and CouchDB:
http://codeofrob.com/archive/2010/05/31/ravendb-whats-the-difference.aspx

A cursory dig suggests CouchDB is more mature, with a larger community
to support it. That aside, what do you consider to be the significant
differences?
Either way I’m happy to see some ground broken in this direction. If
Raven doesn’t turn out to be the right solution, will it at least
serve as a solid gateway drug to the world of NoSQL?

Cheers
Ollie