couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Couchdb crashes on Windows
Date Sat, 02 Oct 2010 11:20:35 GMT
On 2 October 2010 04:14, Peter Somers <petsomers@gmail.com> wrote:
> Very nice work indeed!
>
> However, as I am no erlang programmer and we have a project that is going
> live soon, what are the chances that this fix will result in a new windows
> build that can be downloaded and installed soon?
>
> I don't want to push anyone, I just need some realistic time frame.
> What is the conventional process in this case?
>

> Thank you all.
>
> Peter

Hi Peter

Cliff's pure erlang test now passes with Juhani's fix - yay - growing
a file past the 4GB mark, and
correctly appending on re-opening the file > 4GiB again.

I can still get the original issue to recur as my couch grows past
4GiB it dies; logs
at http://friendpaste.com/1n1HXAfpOYtpkRitzm5yby can some others
please re-test & confirm?

I still think we have 2 different bugs here. So please test carefully
outside production env.

Unofficial build of couchdb 1.0.1 + R14B + Juhani's fix are slowly
uploading from New Zealand...

https://s3.amazonaws.com/couchdb_release/setup-couchdb-1.0.1_otp_R14B_4GiB_fix.exe

& some o
https://s3.amazonaws.com/couchdb_release/
    setup-couchdb-1.0.1_otp_R14B_4GiB_fix.exe
    setup-couchdb-1.0.1_otp_R14B_4GiB_fix.exe.md5
    setup-couchdb-1.0.1_otp_R14B_4GiB_fix.exe.sha
    otp_src_R14B_4GiB_fix.exe

You can do your own builds pretty easily, both erland & couchdb have
pretty good info. I have more
detailed manual steps here http://github.com/dch/glazier but it still
has 2 bugs:
    - R14B won't build on a 64bit platform - but R14A does
    - vcredist_x86.exe isn't included for some reason in Erlang nor in CouchDB

A *very* fast way to create blank large files on windows is
http://live.sysinternals.com/contig.exe

cheers
Dave