couchdb-user mailing list archives

From kowsik <kow...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions about changes feed
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2010 02:10:37 GMT
I have a few questions about the _changes feed.

1. How many changes are kept around for each DB? Obviously, not
everything, but is it the last 100, 1000 or some other configurable
limit?

2. When I'm using a filter in a _design document, is the most recent
version of the _design document used for the filtering or does it
depend on the update seq? Let me elaborate:

    seq #1 (added _design doc with filter v1)
    seq #2 (doc A changed)
    seq #3 (updated _design doc to v2)
    seq #4 (doc B changed)

In the above case, when I invoke the _changes API, does it always use
the v2 filter for all changes or uses v1 for seq #2 and v2 for seq #4?

3. If there were a 1000 changes and I invoke _changes without 'since',
does all filter get invoked with all of the pending changes?

Thanks,

---
http://www.pcapr.net
http://twitter.com/pcapr