couchdb-user mailing list archives

From kowsik <>
Subject Questions about changes feed
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2010 02:10:37 GMT
I have a few questions about the _changes feed.

1. How many changes are kept around for each DB? Obviously, not
everything, but is it the last 100, 1000 or some other configurable

2. When I'm using a filter in a _design document, is the most recent
version of the _design document used for the filtering or does it
depend on the update seq? Let me elaborate:

    seq #1 (added _design doc with filter v1)
    seq #2 (doc A changed)
    seq #3 (updated _design doc to v2)
    seq #4 (doc B changed)

In the above case, when I invoke the _changes API, does it always use
the v2 filter for all changes or uses v1 for seq #2 and v2 for seq #4?

3. If there were a 1000 changes and I invoke _changes without 'since',
does all filter get invoked with all of the pending changes?

View raw message