couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <>
Subject Re: Volume Test - 2 million documents
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 02:32:04 GMT
On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 10:25 PM, Patrick Barnes <> wrote:
> While you're refactoring, can I suggest - for each view, store a checksum of
> the map/reduce functions?
> At the moment, If something unrelated (like the validation function, or a
> version number) in the design document is changed, it's rebuilding all the
> views and it doesn't need to.
> -Patrick

The current implementation should absolutely not be updating views if
you're not changing view definitions. If you're seeing behaviour that
contradicts that, its a bug and you should create a ticket. If you can
give a script that reproduces what you're seeing that'd get it fixed
even more quickly.

Paul Davis

> On 13/10/2010 12:43 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
>>> Is there any way to control the checkpointing of views when creating the
>>> view for the first time - I'm guessing I'm looking at many hours to create a
>>> single view on 2 million documents.
>> Not currently. This has been on my todo list for awhile but I haven't
>> gotten around to implementing anything. My next major coding goal is
>> to start refactoring the the view generation code and I'll make sure
>> to address this issue.
>> Paul Davis

View raw message