couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bad_ucs and timeout errors
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 19:18:11 GMT
On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Isaac Schlueter <i@izs.me> wrote:
> I have this database: http://isaacs.couchone.com/jsregistry
> which has some rewrites and such here:
> http://isaacs.couchone.com/jsregistry/_design/app
> and is vhost'ed from http://registry.npmjs.org/
>
> It's hosed.  I'm getting either errors regarding bad_ucs or timeouts.
> Completely perplexed.  I can get the _all_docs?include_docs=true data,
> and nothing looks out of sorts.
>
> Here's a lot of bytes of error logging: http://static.izs.me/error.log
> Here's the error I get when I try to create new users in futon:
> https://gist.github.com/a4bec4fb8355057b4788
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --i

Isaac,

Looks like your couch is unable to grab a OS process for the view
server to make a request. The timeout error appears to be masking the
real cause which may be related to system load or something else on
the server hosting this node. Your best bet would be to open a ticket
with the couchone support folks.

HTH,
Paul Davis