couchdb-user mailing list archives

From kowsik <kow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions about changes feed
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 03:38:36 GMT
On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 7:57 AM, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:
> On Oct 24, 2010, at 10:10 PM, kowsik wrote:
>
>> I have a few questions about the _changes feed.
>>
>> 1. How many changes are kept around for each DB? Obviously, not
>> everything, but is it the last 100, 1000 or some other configurable
>> limit?
>
> The most recent edit of each branch of every document is kept around forever, or until
a new edit on that branch occurs.

Thanks Adam. A follow up observation (enhancement request really): I
like the way the filter code gets the document so it can use the
req.query to only push certain notification to certain clients.
Unfortunately when a document gets deleted all I get is something like
this:

{"seq":389,"id":"8f8bb53dbf8eb9be81923fea21072386","changes":[{"rev":"2-30b513fc78ad7eadd4db4b7f87591338"}],"deleted":true}

It would be nice to have the actual doc be part of this so that the
filter can be more intelligent in its routing decision. For example,
only notify certain interested clients about the deletion.

Thanks,

K.
---
http://www.pcapr.net