couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin R. Coombes" <kevin.r.coom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proxy missing path component
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 14:36:00 GMT
  (Taking this back onto the mailing list.)

 From a pure javascript perspective, yours is clearly the correct
answer. However, it leads to a difficulty that seems to be inherent in
couch.js.  Basically, I tried to set the database name using (in
pseudo-code)

if (window.location matches /proxyserver...\/couch\//)
     set dbname to couch/myapp
else
     set dbname to myapp

I then called the CouchDB function (inside couch.js) with the resulting
dbname.  However, CouchDB assumes that the database name is a single
component and passes it through encodeURIComponent.  Thus, when my
script correctly detects that it is coming from the proxy server, the
dbname get rewritten as
     couch%2Fmyapp
which again leads to a 404 Not Found error.

I suppose I could try forcing an overwrite of the uri element stored in
Couch DB;  does anyone have a better suggestion?

Thanks,
     Kevin