couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin R. Coombes" <kevin.r.coom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proxy missing path component
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 22:45:14 GMT
  The Couch permissions probably would be easier.  But that's not my
call.  The administrators have been running an Apache proxy for all
kinds of applications for a long time, so they are more comfortable
continuing to do things that way.

The difficulty with changing the javascript (either as part of my
application or as part of couch.js) is that we'd like things to work
both externally (where the administrators want "couch" as a path
component) and internally (where "couch" is not part of the path
component).  I guess the application has to figure out if the call is
coming from the proxy server or directly from the couchdb server so it
knows whether to insert the extra component.

Does anyone have an example that illustrates (using javascript and
couch.js) how to figure out which machine originated the call?

     Kevin