couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alex Ivasyuv <indust...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DELETE doc without rev
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 14:43:21 GMT
On 10/19/2010 04:54 PM, Johannes Jörg Schmidt wrote:
> You could write an update function which sets doc._delete to true. This way
> you can delete a document sending only one request.

That's exactly that I looked for, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me:

{"error":"doc_validation","reason":"Bad special document member: _delete"}

CouchDB 1.0.1

Code:

function(doc, request) {

   // if no record found, we create it manually
   if (!doc) {
     doc = {
       _id: request.id
     };
   }

   if (request.query.action === "delete") {
     doc._delete = true;
   } else {

     // set all passed params to object
     for (i in request.query) {