couchdb-user mailing list archives

From MilesTogoe <miles.to...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: compiling on Ubuntu - missing spidermonkey jsapi headers
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 05:49:44 GMT
On 09/30/2010 05:18 PM, Randall Leeds wrote:
> It looks like
>
> ./configure --with-js-include=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.2.10/include
> --with-js-lib=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.2.10/lib
>
> should work fine for you. At least it should get you past the
> configuration stage.
> If at all possible I would get into #couchdb on freenode for some more
> realtime assistance if you're still stuck.
> Sorry this has been a frustrating process for you. It's a combination
> of a number of factors including Mozilla's stance on shipping
> spidermonkey on a product (i.e. don't, it's part of xulrunner only),
> Ubuntu's policy on linkage and ABI (can't make spidermonkey linkable
> by default because they won't guarantee any version compatibility),
> the libmozjs ->  xulrunner-devel packaging change, etc.

the above configure does not work - still failing on not finding js api

we dug into the configure file => sent us to the make file
JSLIB = -lmozjs
JS_LIB_BASE = mozjs
JS_LIB_BINARY =

does this look right ?  I'm not sure about what mozjs is and if the
lib_binary should be blank

re Mozilla + Ubuntu issues - yeah, understand.

wondering if there is a good way to hack in hard coded necessary
spidermonkey libs ?