couchdb-user mailing list archives

From John Logsdon <johnlogs...@me.com>
Subject Searching a view using a partial match on multiple key parts
Date Sun, 24 Oct 2010 10:53:09 GMT
Hi

I have an index that has three 'groups' to to represent an Account Name, a Contained entity
name and a contained entity type e.g. {"account":"johnl", "name":"myplan", "type":"plan"}

I'm after the equivalent of a startkey endkey but for a composite index so I could do the
following types of queries:

1) Search across all Accounts for any Entity type starting 'myp" (This supports ajax search
as the user starts typing in the search box)

e.g. Account = *, Type = *, Name starts with myp

2) Search a list of Accounts for any Entity type starting 'myp"

e.g. Account in johnl, mycompany, myreseller, global, Type = *, Name starts with myp

3) Search for all plans named "myplan" in all accounts

e.g. Account = *, Type = Plan, Name = myplan

4) Search a list of Accounts for all plans

e.g. Account = *, Type = Plan, Name = *

5) Search a List of Accounts for all contained entities

e.g. Account in johnl, mycompany, myreseller, global, Type = *, Name = *

I apologise if this information is already available but I couldn't find it! So a URL ref
is as good as an explanation as a reply.

An addition to the wiki for this type of request would be very beneficial to newbies. I'd
be glad to write that up and add it if we find a solution here!

Regards

john