couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Searching a view using a partial match on multiple key parts
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2010 00:50:40 GMT
On Oct 24, 2010, at 1:09 PM, John Logsdon wrote:

> My only other issue is that my indexes even for simple indexes e.g. emit(doc.name, 1)
have produced index sizes far larger than the database file. Do you have any idea why that
might be?

> Regards
>
> John

View group compaction should slim those indexes down tremendously.  I have an idea of why
the pre-compaction size is so large.  In short, the view index is sometimes updated in too-small
batches, which leaves a lot of MVCC cruft lying around.  We'll work on optimizing that.  Best,

Adam