couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Simon Metson <simonmet...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Pruning a couchdb database
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 15:36:44 GMT
Hi John,
	How about having the date in the database name e.g:

johns_database/Sept2010
johns_database/Oct2010

Pruning then becomes a case of dropping the database en masse, e.g. to
kill all records in a certain time window.

That said, pulling out a view and doing a bulk delete shouldn't be too
slow. Also, don't forget to compact the database after you delete
records from it!
Cheers
Simon