couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SproutCore as CouchApp
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2010 11:19:09 GMT
On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Ido Ran <ido.ran@gmail.com> wrote:
> I plan on deploy my application on either CouchOne or CloudAnt so the first
> option is not available there (to my understanding).
> The second one seem to be possible. I'll try it and let you know.
>
> What do you think in general about the idea of using SproutCore as front-end
> and CouchDB as backend?
> It will be hard to recreate all controls in evently, does it?
>
> Ido
rewrite is available on both. But anyway i've most of teh sproutcore
extension running . Should be available next week on my repo. Size
isn't a problem, since it's saved as attachments then cached.

Couchapp script take care of not sending the attachments twice if they
didn't change, so the first push may be big but other aren't. If you
want you can also build a sproutcore doc containing all attachments
and reuse it in your other apps.

- benoit