couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Henrik Skupin <hsku...@gmail.com>
Subject Filtering of view results
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 07:12:02 GMT
Hi,

Using complex keys for my views gives me a problem with filtering the
results. Lets say I have two filters:

Branch: "All", "4.0", "3.6"
Platform: "All", "Windows NT", "Linux", "Mac"

Per default no filtering is active and all results get shown sorted by date.
The key which is used for emit looks like:

emit([doc.date, doc.branch, doc.platform], { ... }]);

But how can I re-use the view to only show results for branch:4.0 sorted by
date or even combined branch:4.0 & platform=Mac? I tried with
?key=[{},"4.0",{}] but none results get returned. Does the key option not
allow to specify catchall values? Sadly I can't find any information about
the usage of key.

I hope that is somehow possible.

Thanks,

--