couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Michael <newmani...@gmail.com>
Subject Read Only Permissions for a database
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 23:05:00 GMT
I think this is a really stupid question, but I really can't figure it out.

I have a database, which I want to be readable by everyone,
but changeable by only admin. I look at the security of the database in
futon and see admins and readers. Now I put someone into the readers or
leave it blank and that person can still update and create documents.

How do I create a database and make it read-only for the public? Ideally I
would like what is the currently behavior for 'readers' for my applications
and then only I have admin rights. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,

Michael