couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: compiling on Ubuntu - missing spidermonkey jsapi headers
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 23:18:24 GMT
It looks like

./configure --with-js-include=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.2.10/include
--with-js-lib=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.2.10/lib

should work fine for you. At least it should get you past the
configuration stage.
If at all possible I would get into #couchdb on freenode for some more
realtime assistance if you're still stuck.
Sorry this has been a frustrating process for you. It's a combination
of a number of factors including Mozilla's stance on shipping
spidermonkey on a product (i.e. don't, it's part of xulrunner only),
Ubuntu's policy on linkage and ABI (can't make spidermonkey linkable
by default because they won't guarantee any version compatibility),
the libmozjs -> xulrunner-devel packaging change, etc.

I think I can confidently speak for the list, though, when I say we're
happy to work through this with you.
Once you get it sorted out if you find anything amiss in the wiki page
you should save the next person from experiencing the same pain and
update the page with what you've learned. That'd be really great.

Regards,
Randall