couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Samuel <samuelri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: database names containing +
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 17:29:18 GMT
I always get lost when trying to re-interpret the URI RFC, but I
understood that it is reserved for queries, and in my case it is in a
path:

  Within a path segment, the characters
     "/", ";", "=", and "?" are reserved.

According to this, the only reserved character allowed for DB names is
/ that certainly should be encoded.

It's not a big deal, I just wanted to avoid as much URL processing as
possible and found strange that + required encoding and, for example
$, didn't

Cheers

--
Samuel