couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Metin Akat <akat.me...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which filesystem is best for deploying couchdb and why?
Date Sun, 19 Sep 2010 07:42:52 GMT
Hmm, then I start thinking that btrfs is really better than ext4,
especially if I want to do things like copy the files in order to
deploy (fast) another instance with already build view indexes.

And would the couchdb files compress well?

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Wout Mertens <wout.mertens@gmail.com> wrote:
> Everything except the 4KB blocksize I would say. While ZFS and Btrfs are very different
on-disk, they are both Copy-On-Write filesystems with extents, compression and cheap snapshots.
I don't know how the 4KB blocksize settings translates onto Btrfs.