couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SproutCore as CouchApp
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2010 14:11:04 GMT
On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 3:07 AM, Ido Ran <ido.ran@gmail.com> wrote:
> I plan on deploy my application on either CouchOne or CloudAnt so the first
> option is not available there (to my understanding).
> The second one seem to be possible. I'll try it and let you know.
>
> What do you think in general about the idea of using SproutCore as front-end
> and CouchDB as backend?

there are others who have done this before. I have a feeling if you
use the SC build script, then push the product, you will have a much
smaller app bundle.

> It will be hard to recreate all controls in evently, does it?

yes that would be like squeezing oranges in an attempt to build a
movie theater... evently is just a shortcut for writing jquery code,
and a convenient way to package widgets as reusable objects.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net